So its been 1 month since I had the PRK laser eye surgery to correct my vision. The first 2 weeks, there were noticeable progress in my vision, but in the last 2 weeks, the progress is so minimal that I do not even notice myself. I went in for my post-op 1 month check up with my opthamatologist. Everything looks good, no infections and same dry eye situation I have had my entire life. It is less dry than before but it does not mean I can stop using the drops. I am pretty sure I just have to live with it. My vision has improved since the 2 week checkpoint, it is now at 20/25. One line improvement on the vision chart! Whohoo!!
Honestly, I have noticed that it is purely the dryness of the eyes that impeding the acuity of my vision. When I apply drops, things are super clear for like 5-10 minutes. But i mean, the difference is so minimal that it doesn't really bother me.
Has anything happened since the 2 weeks mark? Nope! After that one night when I saw halos and star bursts, I haven't seen it since. My night vision is slightly worse than before but its not a big difference. I originally had bad night vision anyways. (not so bad that I cannot drive) But this is definitely something I can live with.
Has anything changed in my life? YES! Convenience and decreased time for getting ready! I love how I do not have to consistently clean the oil and smudges on my glasses, remove and apply contacts on, wash contacts, remove glasses before bed, and grab glasses upon waking up. Its especially great being able to see things in the shower clearly! The change has been positive and I can say I am one of those individuals that are very satisfied with this procedure.
Am I worried about side effects appearing after? Very slight worries. I just like to think optimistic as it goes with the law of attraction. Think positive, positive things will follow through. =)
Cheers!
No comments:
Post a Comment