Wednesday, 16 January 2013

Third Consultation: TLC Laser Eye Centers


My Third Consultation: TLC Laser Eye Centers (Late March 2012) 

Like previous consultations, my eye measurements were taken and maps were printed.  A technician took me into a room to get all of that performed.  Then I was leaded into a room to speak to one of the surgeons. (I liked how I got to speak to surgeons).  I told him about my previous 2 consultations and he said the following:
  • You are not a candidate for LASIK (one point that was the same across all three)
  • You are a candidate for PRK (yes!) but its a one time deal and no retreatments can be done due to my limited corneal thickness (boo!)
  • ICL would be too risky for you (WHOPEE!)


He said they cannot get a correct measurement of my corneal thickness since I only stopped wearing contacts for a week prior to the consultation. His suggestions are only based on the measurements that day He cannot guarantee or offer me any procedures until I come back after I've dropped the contacts for 14 days.
He then led me to a lady who was a consultant   She gave me an overview of the general PRK procedure, recovery, and risks. (less thorough than Bochner but I got the paper to read it).  I was quoted a cost of around 4500-5000 total.  I cannot recall the exact number.  Another one of those consultation folders were given to me but this time there was a surgery schedule included.
My feedback for this consultation is positive.  They seem to be really careful to determine whether you are a candidate and the cost seemed reasonable.  However, I got really busy from April until the end of the year and never rebooked another appointment to go back because I never had a chance to stop wearing contacts....
Funny enough, nor did I receive a followup call from them to go back. I guess they aren't out to snatch businesses nor was my business that important..

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Procedure explanations: Click here
Previous Consultation with Bochner: Click here
First Consultation with Herzig: Click here
My surgery decision and Dry Eye Situation: Click here

No comments:

Post a Comment