Monday, 4 March 2013

Post PRK Laser Eye Surgery - Day 3

DAY 2
  • Last night - slept through smoothly without waking up at all, well-rested
  • Vision - Good vision for day-to-day activities, haven't checked vision yet
  • Pain Level - Medium. Tolerable discomfort. Random moments of striking needle pain but it lasts like one second every time
  • Eye Condition
    • Eyes still extremely dry
    • Irritating, scratchy, grainy - feels like there is a lash in there
  • Driving Ability - Cannot drive yet, far vision is still blurry
  • Feeling - Still loving the fact that my vision is clear when I wake up every morning
  • Side Affects - Just consistent dry eyes

DAY 3
  • Last night - Slept through the night without waking up. 
  • Vision - Same, lacking acuity but good.
  • Pain Level -Same as yesterday
  • Eye Condition -Same as yesterday
  • Driving Ability -Same as yesterday
  • Feeling - Embracing my new and improved life of being glasses free!
  • Side Effects - Besides the consistent dry eyes, I SAW HALOS for the first time!  It was new for me and kind of cool.... I noticed it at night while on the road.  All the lights were circles so it made it look like the cars were wearing colored glasses.  I hope this is only temporary. There were minor STAR BURSTS but the halos were more noticeable.
  • Post-Op Day 3 Check Up with Dr. Bonnie 
    • Verified eye pressure is normal
    • Eyes still very dry - Left eye more dry (more Bion tears!)
    • No infections found
    • Contact bandage still in place
    • Right eye - 95% healed (corneal cells grown back)
    • Left eye - center still healing ~70%

**Side Note: This may sound crazy... but I have started to like that itchy scratchy feeling now... it a sign that my eyes are healing ^^ 

Can I wear makeup yet???    NO!

No comments:

Post a Comment