Saturday, 2 March 2013

Post PRK Laser Eye Surgery - Day 1

LAST NIGHT
  • Took a drop of the numbing drops provided in the loot bag prior to bed
  • Slept OK.  I woke up 3 times tearing for several minutes before rolling back into bed again.   (1AM, 3AM, 6AM) - I couldn't stop the tears from rolling down and the pain felt was like many needles stabbing in your eyes and it was difficult to blink.
  • Reason for Pain - The corneal skin cells are growing back along with the dryness of the eyes
POST-OP DAY 1
  • Vision - Not 20/20 and lacking acuity with a bit of a blurred haze, but OK to do everyday activities (much better than not seeing anything); No signs of halos or starbursts
  • Feeling - Still exhilarated for having gone through the surgery


  • Post-Op Day 1 Check Up with Dr. Bonnie - Said I looked surprisingly well having gone through PRK
    • Verified eye pressure is normal
    • Checked the dryness of eyes - need to consistently apply Bion tears
    • No infections found
    • Contact bandage still in place
  •  Spent the day shopping and running errands like normal. It has not greatly impede me from leaving my bed.  Just have to wear the sunglasses everywhere you go and look super 'cool' in the mall
  • Pain level - tolerable (I think i just have a super high pain tolerance)
  • Feeling of Eyes - scratchy, itchy, dry, irritating and uncomfortable 
  • How do I look? See below. So COOL!!!
  • Waiting in the car at the gas station

No comments:

Post a Comment