Wednesday, 6 March 2013

Post PRK Laser Eye Surgery - Day 5

 BANDAGE REMOVAL DAY!!
  • Started working from home on Day 4 with screen resolution set to 800x600 @_@
  • Last night - no pain, had a good sleep
  • Vision -Not yet 20/20. Distant objects are still a bit blurry. Things within 200 meters are very clear
  • Pain Level - Minimal to none
  • Eye Condition - Dry eyes, more so on the left
  • Driving Ability - Cannot drive yet...at least I don't feel I can yet
  • Feeling -Still not over the exhilaration of having perfect vision!
  • Side Effects - After seeing halos and star bursts on day 3, I have not seen them since. *phew* lets hope it doesn't come back
  • Post-Op Day 5 Check Up with Dr. Bonnie 
    • Verified eye pressure is normal
    • Left Eye still quite dry, better than last week though
    • No infections found
    • Removed bandage on right eye only as doc wanted to wait one more day for the left eye to heal a bit more
    • Right eye - 100% healed
    • Left eye - ~95% healed
  • Bandage Removal 
    • Lots of lubricant drops were applied
    • Wait a minute
    • Dr. Bonnie used her fingers to remove bandage for me 
    •  No pain
    • After removal, eyes felt a bit more dry as its more exposed to the air

GIRL QUESTION: 
Can I wear makeup yet???
 NO! Sorry ladies, up until this point, I still cannot wear makeup....This is because it can easily cause infections during the healing period.

No comments:

Post a Comment